Some jobs may require you to speak in front of groups on a regular basis, other jobs don't. Regardless of what your job requires, you might just land in a situation unexpectedly where you need to address a group of people - has that happened to you? A spur-of-the-moment speech you need to make spontaneously and all you can think about is how your palms have become sweaty within a matter of seconds!
Here are some links to help you combat the public speaking jitters:
- 10 Tips for Public Speaking (by Toastmasters International)
- Overcoming Speaking Anxiety in Meetings and Presentations (by LJL Seminars)
- Student's Guide to Public Speaking (by MM Del Rosario)
- Public Speaking: An Online Resource Guide (by Wise Old Sayings)
- Speaking Tips: Stop Worrying and Start Presenting! (video by Erin Manning)
- How to Conquer Public Speaking Fear (by StressCure.com)
Have a great week at work!