Some of us do it because we need the extra cash, others do it because we want to build our careers into more than just a nine-to-five job. Whatever the reason, we see more and more professionals juggling multiple jobs at the same time.
But regardless your situation or the reason for having more than one job, it can still be tough to manage your time effectively and live a balanced life. Here are a few tips from the experts:
- Are you a slasher? 5 tips for juggling multiple jobs (CommPro.biz)
- Having more than one job (Mind Tools)
- Job jugglers on the tightrope (NY Times)
- Six career tips for job jugglers (Monster)
- Making multiple jobs work for you (Vault Careers)
Career blogging/coaching is a great second "job" for me because it adds to my Human Resources career, so most of the time it really doesn't feel like a job. I enjoy it so much that I don't mind investing extra time into it. Working for myself is rewarding in other ways, and in the end I feel more motivated every morning when I get ready for my day.
If you are juggling jobs at the moment, what are the things you like (or don't like) about it??