Welcome back in the office!
This week's performance pointers will give you some guidelines to improve the quality of your written communication. Whether you work with emails, meeting minutes or other business documents, your writing skills is sure to affect people's professional impression of you.
Here are some posts I've selected to get you writing better at work:
- Speaking Your Reader's Language (by the Business Writing Blog)
- Ten Tips for Better Business Writing (by Forbes)
- Efficient Writing, Effective Work Habits (by Men With Pens)
- Like People, Bullet Points Need an Introduction (by the Business Writing Blog)
- How to Open and Close Your Email Messages (by WriteBetterEmails.com)
- Writing Effective Email (by Mind Tools)
There is no law against writing an email the way you feel like doing it, but how you structure and word your communications at work has a huge impact on your personal brand, so this is a skill you always want to keep improving!
Happy writing and have a wonderful week at work!