Raise your hand if you never get distracted at work!!?
For this week's performance pointers I collected a few links to help you stay focused and manage the distractions in your work place:
- Distracted? It's Time to Hit the Reset Button (By the New York Times)
- 9 Ways to Eliminate Distractions at Work (by Health-e Careers)
- Angry Birds and Productivity at Work: Why Distractions Can Help (by Ross Dawson)
- How to Avoid Getting Distracted From Your Goals (by PsyBlog)
- Avoid Distractions When Working From Home (by Classroom to Cubicle)
- Distraction Management: How to NOT Procrastinate or Get Distracted (by Noupe)
By the time you reach the end of this article you have probably been distracted by other links flashing on the pages I just shared ☺ but don't feel judged! As long as you can establish whether or not your distractions are affecting your productivity in a negative way, you have reached the outcome of this post: self-awareness.
Have a wonderful week at work!