There are so many thoughts and ideas on what a resume should look like. I am no expert but I do believe that the industry you are in will play a big role and that there is no one set of rules to follow for everyone.
Here are some thoughts from the online experts:
- Classy Career Girl's Resume Checklist
- Brazen Careerist's Inforgraphic Resume on Facebook
- Ask-a-Manager and The Evil HR Lady's Critique on a Real Life Resume
- Career Enlightenment asks: Is the Resume Really Dead?
- Careeralism's Quick Checklist to Determine if Your Resume is Boring
- Movin' On Up's Resume Boot Camp
So there you have it! Have you identified some of those common mistakes on your own resume? Are you applying social media tools and networking effectively?
I hope you found these tools helpful, I have learned so much! Time to head on over to the drawing board for my new resume strategy!