Welcome back at the office! I hope your new week is filled with new opportunities to excel at work!
Something we are confronted with on a regular basis is conflict with co-workers. We are all so different that we are bound to have conflicting opinions and beliefs on a regular basis. The trick is to try sticking to the facts and not allow a misunderstanding or difference of opinion to cause damage to your relationships at work.
Here are some handy posts to help you in this area:
- Workplace Conflict (video clip by the Ninja Leadership Academy)
- 7 Tips for Resolving Conflict Quickly and Peacefully (by PickTheBrain.com)
- Office Conflict Resolution: 11 Communication Tips for a Healthy Workplace (by MedicineNet.com)
- 8 Tips for Handling Workplace Conflict (by Boston.com)
- The Do's and Don'ts of Conflict Management and Resolution (by FernandoTarnogol.com)
- Why Avoiding Office Conflict is not an Option (by CNN Money)
- Squelching Office Conflicts (by Inc.com)
Is there one thing you can take out of these pointers and implement in the way you respond to conflict? The biggest (very simple) lessons I am learning at the moment are:
- To keep my tone calm even though someone else might be raising his/her voice.
- To avoid taking it personally when someone throws a tantrum in my face. The only reactions I have control over are my own, so that is what want to focus on.
Have a wonderful new week at work!