I recently started with a course in Corporate Coaching. It's my first attempt at doing a part-time online course while juggling work and home and husband and hobbies ☺. I managed to submit my first assignment a few days early - so far so good.
But studying while also working full-time is a huge commitment. It's challenging to get back into that discipline, especially when it's at the expense of your free time. I also started a new job recently, so I need to spend serious time on both my job and this course I'm doing. So unless I am doing this course for a reason, and stay extremely focused, odds are I will drop out or fail.
So here are a few tips and tools I found to help us stick to it!
- Tips for Juggling Work and Study (Nurse Uncut)
- Balancing Work and Studies (Unisa)
- Guide to Part-Time Study (Kent University)
- Studying Part-Time, Working Full-Time (True story of how it's changed this girl's life)
- CPD: Top Tips for Juggling Work with Studies (Accounting Web)
What really keeps me going is the fact that this course will add significantly to my skill set and career success. So if I need to work late some evenings or give up my Saturday for a few weeks, I'm doing it with purpose.
Any advice from those of you who have successfully mastered study/work/life balance??