Regardless of which stage of your career you are at, there will be times when a little help from an expert can really help you move to a next level. One-to-one sessions with a career coach can help you get back on track, find the motivation you've lost along the way, or address problem areas in you career. Reading a career blog (like this one) can also help you discover tools and tips to apply at work and make a difference in the long run.
I found a bunch of great posts for you on the topic:
- Are you a victim of your career? (JSM Career Coaching Blog)
- Are career coaches a waste of money? (Career Enlightenment)
- Do you need a career coach? (Psychology Today)
- Better career planning, better life (Career Coaching for Students)
- Excellent career coaching will likely allow you to do your passion (Internet Revenue Articles)
I like to think of myself as a career coach, and I learn just as much as the young professionals I advise and guide through their career blunders and insecurities. It's very rewarding to see others succeed, and I am motivated to work on my own career planning every time I write a new article!
I hope the links have been helpful and that you'll have a fantastic week!